Carrot poriyal is an common side-dish for lunch ,this nutritious supplement is topped with grated coconut and other dry spices. I added a touch of fenugreek leaves too!! hmm... it was sooo yummyyy....
Ingredients requiredTo temper
- 1/2 tsp rai/mustard seeds
- 3-4 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1/4 tsp whole dhanya
- 1/4 tsp methi/venthayam
- 2-3 green chillies, broken
- 2-3 tsp finely chopped onions
- 4 tsp finely chopped methi/fenugreek leaves
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- 4 tsp grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
MethodIn a kadaai, heat oil and add ingredients for temper one by one.
Add in grated carrots. Cover the kadaai and cook, by sprinkling water occasionally. When carrots are almost done, sprinkle grated coconut and serve