Capsicum has following health benefits..
- Capsicums are known to lower the fat stored in blood corpuscles, called triglycerides, and thus help in burning calories.. so, this vegetable is considered beneficial in weight loss as it is low in fat and carbohydrates.
- It contains antioxidants like beta carotene (carotenoid), lutein and zeaxanthin (phytochemicals) and vitamin C.
- It also helps in prevention and treatment of heart diseases, osteoarthritis, bronchitis, asthma, cataract etc.
- Capsaicin, contained in capsicums, is a lipophilic chemical which produces a burning sensation in the mouth and it is believed to prevent and treat cancer since this compound prevent carcinogens from binding with the DNA.
- Rich in vitamins, capsicum helps in strengthening the immune system by making available vitamin A and C in the body.
- Apart from these benefits, capsicums promote cardiac health by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels..
- 250 gm chicken
- 3 tsp oil
For making masala paste
- 1 roasted capsicum ( deskinned, deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 tsp finely chopped methi leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp of cashewnut paste(made from 4 cashews)
- Pinch of haldi
- One tsp of roasted jeera
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dahi
- 2 tsp khuskhus
- 1 tsp grated coconut
- 4-5 garlic flakes
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 tsp of crushed cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamons
- 1 tsp peppercorn
You can also replace the last six ingredients with 1 tsp garam masala, and 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
Roast capsicum on open flame, till black spots appear all over the capsicum
Cool it, deskin and deseed capsicum and chop into fine pieces. Blend this along with all other ingredients given under masala paste, keep this green paste aside.
In a kadaai, combine oil, chicken and green paste, cook till done. Serve garnished with cream.
Best suites with roti.