Friday 28 June 2013

Ajwain paratha

    Me and my hubby were visiting newly opened Ratnadeep supermarket, my hubby gazed through  refrigerator.  He was longing for frozen parathas, especially ajwain parathas which were cooked in lachhaa paratha style.  Though he dropped off their sight, I knew that he needed them the most.  I, bought smallest packet of ajwain  and came home .  And yes, tried simplest form of paratha and served with garlic vegetables, they were awesome.  This roti was layered, very aromatic and soft too.





On the other hand, ajwain has an lot of medical properties... it is known to cure digestive problems and can also aid on  problomatic conditions of liver, kidney, spleen etc.  I kneaded these dough with whey water which I had due to rasagulla preparation I made day before.  This can be substituted with warm water too






Ingredients required

  • 2 cup wheat flour
  • 11/2 tsp ajwain seeds, slightly crushed
  • Salt, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp kasoori methi
  • Whey water/water to knead


Method

Knead a soft dough using beforesaid ingredients.  Let this set for fifteen minutes. 
After which divide them into eight equal sized balls.  Roll out each ball as thinly as possible



Fold them twice, so that it resembles triangle.  Either you can roll out again to form an triangular paratha or follow lachha paratha style as follows


Roll this triangle into maximum possible thin circle.  Form zigzag patterns which will form thick thread like structure.  This is rolled in circular form.  Dust this with flour and roll out into circle and tawa-toast them till brown spots appear.


Serve hot with gravy of any choice.


3 comments:

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only