Yes, as the tittle goes this is an Indo-chinese fusion gravy. Imagine our favourite chana masala, replacing regular gravy base by chinese sauces and an touch of tofu pieces... The result was awesome. My husband luved to have it with roti, the gravy was somewhat dry type and melted in our mouth. Is an definite try for roti luvers.
- 4 tbspn oil
- 1 tsp dry mixed herbs
- 2 tbspn garlic slices
- 1 tbspn finely chopped ginger pieces
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped spring onion bulbs
- 1/4 cup of kabuli chana (soaked overnight, pressure cooked)
- 2 tbspn tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to adjust
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- 1/2 cup tofu pieces, shallow fried and kept aside
In a kadaai, heat oil and add crushed spices
This is followed by adding garlic and ginger. Saute till garlic turns brown
Now add in onion bulbs.
Also add cooked kabuli chana along with chana water (If any)
This is followed by adding all sorts of sauces and spices
Check for seasoning, if perfect add spring onion green part and switch off the flame. Just before serving toss in semi-fried tofu pieces.
Serve hot with any roti.