To make green paste
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 2 bunch of mint leaves, cleaned and washed twice
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 5-6 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp crushed cinnamon
- 1 tsp crushed marathi mogga
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 4-5 broken cashewnuts
- 4 tsp of finely chopped onions
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 2 tsp of heavy cream (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional)
Make green paste and keep aside, the main reason we are not blending green chillies is that some kids may not like them very well. So, for such fussy kids we can have the ease of skipping these chillies on temper or can add a very few that they would hardly note. This kind of advantage cant be got if they are getting blended and mingled with basic masala.
So , now heat oil and add ingrediets for temper one by one
Cook onions till they are brown and pour in green paste. Reduce them till they form thicker consistency
Now add in cream and garam masala. This is completely optional and is not added traditionally.
Now just mix in gently with rice and serve hot!!