Generally preparing traditional chicken curries require lot of time becoz of complex marination and unavailable unique garam masalas or other spices. But, this south-Indian kozhambu styled chicken calls for easy peasy ingredients with lesser time leading to more flavourful and tasty product. So, just try it guys....
- Chicken (with bones) - 1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 6 pods
- Poppy seeds/khus khus - 2 tsp
- Peppercorn - 2 tsp
- Saunf/sombu - 1 tsp
- Whole jeera/cumin - 1 tsp
- 5 tsp oil
- 1 tsp saunf/sombu
- A bunch of curry leaves
- Fresh slit red chilly - 2
- Finely chopped onion - 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped hybrid tomato - 1/2 cup
- Tamarind thick extract - 2 tsp (if you are using country tomato, you can skip tamarind)
- Everest sambhar masala - 11/2 tsp
- Salt, as required
MethodAtfirst, prepare marination paste by blending them. Wash and clean chicken, mix with marinade and let it rest for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a kadaai, prepare temper
Add in onions, saute them till they turn pink. Add in tomatos followed by imli extract
Add in chicken along with marination, sprinkle some water and cook chicken well.
When chicken is almost 75 percent done, add in chicken masala and required amount of salt. Cook furthur and when done serve hot garnished with finely chopped coriander leaves
Best goes with hot rice or kal dosai
Yummy treat and quicky one also.........