The snake gourd (chichinda), also well-known as Chinese cucumber, occupies an essential place amongst healthy vegetables in India.It is an annual plant and is of extremely rapid growth.
Snake gourd consist of important amount of humidity and little protein, fiber, fat and carbohydrate .Its mineral and vitamins contents are calcium, iron, phosphorus, substantial amount of carotene, little thiamine, riboflavin and niacin.
Its medicinal benefits are as follows
- Because of its high water substance, snake gourd is low in calories, fat-free but filling, and great to restrain in weight-loss menus.
- Snake gourd also contains a lot of fiber which can help maintain your digestive region healthy. The fiber is also helpful for those with diabetes.
This green-coloured gravy is made with snake gourd along with potato, and is found relishing with chapatis and dosa
To make green paste
- One handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves
- 3-4 tsp of coconut gratings
- 1-inch ginger piece
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2-inch cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn
- 2 green cardamon
- 2 cloves
- 4-5 tsp of chopped onions
- Salt, to taste
Other ingredients are
- One cup of deskinned, chopped snake gourd
- Half cup of chopped potatos
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp rai
- 4-5 curry leaves
Make a fine paste of ingredients given under green paste. In a pressure cooker, add green paste, chopped snake gourd, chopped potatos and pressure cook for two whistles.
This reminds me of brittania concept... 'Eat healthy, think better'