Monday 18 July 2016

Whole Wheat tutti fruity muffins

Hi friends, I am back with yet another whole wheat delicacy.  With everyday chores and three-course meals- one more confusion gets its way when we need to pack some snacks for kids.  I always pack my kid with fruits, but she insists on getting some sweet other than fruits.  That's how these muffins happened.  I got the original recipe from file section of HBG, twisted it to my own taste and result was amazing.  Unlike other eggless bakes, which often end up fudgy, these muffins were soft, cakey textured with an awesome taste.


I made these with tutti frutti.  You can replace these with almonds, cashews or chocolate chips, whatever you got a stock of, but, believe me, kids really dig the tutti frutti.   Now, my kid takes almost two to three of them, in order to share with her friends.  It's a win-win situation for both because I know that I have packed her something healthy and she ends up having her sweet tooth cravings as well.  



Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 10 small muffins

Ingredients required

  • 85 grams of Whole wheat flour (I used Aashirvaad aata)
  • 15 grams of cornflour
  • 1/3 cup of tutti frutti
  • 125 ml of curd, beaten till smooth
  • 75 grams of castor sugar 
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/4 cup of oil

Method

Add wheat flour and cornflour in a dry bowl, sieve them once.  To this dry mixture, add tutti frutti and mix well, keep aside.  
Pre-heat the oven to 165-degree celsius.
Pour the curd into a separate bowl, add sugar to it.



Whisk them gently till sugar dissolves in the curd.


Now add Baking powder and Baking soda and leave it undisturbed for five minutes.  


After five minutes, the curd mixture would have bubbled up.  


Now add in oil and vanilla essence.  


Finally, add  the dry mixture and fold in all ingredients into the batter slowly.  



I had few disposable tea cups handy.  To this, I filled with the thick batter almost 3/4th full.


Bake these for about 20 minutes.  Insert a toothpick in the centre of the dome to check if they are done.  


TA-DA lovely tutti frutti muffins are ready to go, get packed.


Happy Baking Beauties :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only