Tuesday 28 January 2014

Peppercorn flavoured vegetable oats - Potluck party, cyber style January 28th 2014

 How many of us,  look  for an instant breakfast oats,  at your favourite  stores??  Yes, I can see many hands raising!!  All  thanks to an casual check-up, my dietician advised to consume  oats atleast once an week, in order to enrich my good cholestrol... Now, for an girl like me, who thought that oats were only for saints.. this was an serious layback... :P



 Gradually, my attitude changed... With an NOT-SO-SWEET TOOTH,  I  opted for masala oats once an week, untill I came across Shama Nagarajan's oats porridge.  She was my partner for poluck party, cyber style and I followed her post.  With just oats and your own vegetable/spice blend, I could actually foresee an tasty and healthy breakfast here,for, this ensures zero preservatives or zero dehydated vegetables. This peppercorn flavoured vegetable oats is an fresh breakfast blend, which amplifies your morning stamina, to kick-start your day!!   :)  :)



Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: one

Ingredients required:

  • 1/2 cup, plain oats
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup of  finely chopped, mixed vegetables like carrot, peas, cabbage, capsicum, cauliflower (They are partially boiled or pre-cooked with 21/2 cups of water, pinch of haldi/turmeric and salt)
  • 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves
  • 1/2 tsp chilly powder
  • 1 tsp dhanya powder
  • Salt, to taste
  • 1 tsp Peppercorn

Method:

In a kadaai, bring water and oats to boil. 


Simmer after five minutes and add pre-boiled vegetables along with spices of your choice.



Switch off the flame after five minutes, top with freshly crushed pepper (from peppercorn).  Serve hot!!  All thanks to my partner for this fabulous dish, thank you Shama Nagarajan :)


Happy cooking :D  :D  :D

Linking this to Jagruti mam's Potluck party, cyber style

Grab button for Potluck Party




18 comments:

  1. Pepper flavor goes well with oats. Healthy falvourful preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved ur twist of adding pepper to oats ...Love it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried savory version of oats. I will try this soon looks so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. healthy vegetable oats! :) Loved the peppercorn flavor in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love savoury oats and this one looks so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flavourful oats dish..looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very healthy & delicious recipe...................will try soon.
    Shobha
    www.shobhapink.blogspot.in
    visit my blog.long time no see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must be very nutritious meal Arthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very healthy oats breakfast recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very healthy and flavorful delicious oats recipe sis...

    ReplyDelete
  11. healthy breakfast.....................happy to follow u .will happy if u follow me back

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only