Monday 6 January 2014

Lemon salt soda

My unique thirst for Lemon salt soda started, during my pregnancy period, about four years back.  I found them quite relaxing and soothing my taste-buds.  They were too addictive, to resist.  I used to order them during every restaurent visit, and even Shama grew fond of them.  It was like, one day, I thought to myself, 'why can't I make them at home?' When I googled, found that there was not accurate proportion or ratio existing between lime juice, water or plain soda.  The ratio can be experimented according to one's use.  I found following ratio quite adaptable to mine.  :)  And yes, there is no super-difference between lemon salt soda and lemon sugar soda :P , since latter requires addition of few more levels of sugar . 



I have dedicated this drink to lazy sunday afternoons, you get neck-to neck in preparing lunch and hardly there is any dessert left at refrigerator.  So, lemon salt soda comes handy in such cases :)  :)  Beleive me, it also relaxes any intense stomach from heavy sunday lunch :P :P  And, prepartion is sooo easy, that even Varsha can mix  and serve :)  Speaking about Varsha, offlate she is watching me a lot at kitchen, I can presume that she will be an wonderful chef, one day :P


Preparation time: 5 minutes
Serves: one

Ingredients required


  • 1 tbspn freshly squeezed lime
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp powdered sugar
  • 1 cup of cold water
  • 1/2 cup of Kinley's plain soda
  • Mint leaves, lemon slices and roasted cumin powder, to garnish


Method

Mix freshly squeezed lime with salt and sugar.  Lateron, add water, soda.  Garnish and serve chilled :P



Happy sundayss............. :)


6 comments:

  1. ahh this is my sister's fav.Shal try out when she is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing drink. Easy to prepare and perfect drink after a heavy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So refreshing drink :)
    www.homesweethome.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely punch of mint and the rest. I have mint leaves in my garden and...... the drink will be in hand when sweating in my kitchen during the weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys..
Kindly drop by ur suggestions for my post... Ur beloved comments/suggestions mean a lot to me!

nRelate Posts Only